Webinar 3: Shaping responsible healthcare ecosystems in Europe – Meeting healthcare challenges with social innovations: breaking and preventing loneliness in elderly through collaboration between public actors and civil society
Date: 25 October 2021,
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 (CET)
Register on Zoom
About the webinar series
Challenge-based innovation processes, used in e.g., open innovation, functional procurement, hackathon etc., have become increasingly popular during the last years and are also core of the experiments conducted in the CHERRIES project. The RRI experiments in CHERRIES are in fact based on demand-driven and open innovation approaches that should address the emerging and unmet needs of the health care sector at territorial level in order to build more equitable and more socially “porous” healthcare systems for the health and benefits of all the citizens within each territory.
„Shaping responsible healthcare ecosystems in Europe“ CHERRIES webinar series 2021 aims at showcasing the policy experiments in the healthcare sector held in three European territories of Murcia (ES), Örebro (SE) and the Republic of Cyprus (CY).
Designed as a peer learning opportunity, the three sessions will focus on the CHEEIRES regions to present the territorial innovation ecosystems, their stakeholders and the way CHERRIES methodology is implemented in each specific context. We will also learn about some preliminary results and impact on the regional innovation policies.
These webinars are thought for a diverse audience, including academic players, innovation-active actors, intermediary organizations, and regional and health policy actors. Each session (1 hour) will see the participation of an expert on regional innovation policies and/or RRI to provide some general comments on the presented case.
The webinar series offer a unique opportunity for other European regions to understand how the CHERRIES methodology could be applied in their specific context and consider the opportunity to apply to become a CHERRIES Mirror Region.
Be part of CHERRIES community!
About the webinar:
Healthcare is facing major challenges regarding, for example, demographic changes and increased mental illness. Can social innovations be part of the solution to the challenges of healthcare? We are convinced of that!
Social innovations are new ideas that meet social needs, create social relationships, and form new collaborations. These innovations can be products, services, or models addressing unmet needs more effectively.
To achieve this, we need to develop collaboration between different sectors, not least between the public sector, which is large in Sweden, and the civilian sector. Welcome to listen to how Region Örebro County works with this within the CHERRIES project and to discuss this with us!
- Why did Örebro join the CHERRIES programme?
- Who are the main actors involved in the whole process?
- How demand/need driven innovation approaches can result in an improved healthcare ecosystem?
- Can you tell us how the CHERRIES methodology was implemented in your territory? What are the results so far? (call for needs, call for solutions, ongoing co-creation process).
- Which are the key issues to be considered when launching a co-creation process? The case of Örebro
- Lena Uvhagen, Örebro Region
- Märtha Lundkvist, Healthcare Strategist, Region Örebro County
- Simon Elgbratt, Project Manager of the Pilot
- Esteban Pelayo, Director of EURADA (European Association of Development Agencies)
- Stefan Philipp (ZSI) – Project Coordinator