The European healthcare sector is facing several challenges that are pushing for significant changes: aging population, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, access to healthcare services in COVID-19 era, just to mention a few.
In this changing and challenging times for the sector, responsible and participatory approaches to healthcare innovation can offer interesting reflections.
CHERRIES project organises a series of four webinars to explore some aspects that can contribute to shape more inclusive, accessible and sustainable regional healthcare innovation ecosystems – Responsible Healthcare Ecosystems:
- the demand driven and user-led approach to healthcare innovation;
- how RRI can mitigate the complexity of healthcare ecosystems;
- the role of procurement in healthcare innovation; and
- how regional smart specialisation strategies can shape more inclusive and efficient healthcare ecosystems.
Thought for a diverse audience, including academic players, innovation-active actors, intermediary organizations and regional and health policy actors, each session will see the valuable contribution of our Advisory Board Members and other European experts addressing the main topic from different perspectives.
We will count on them to better understand these dimensions of innovation in healthcare and to get concrete inputs from different European ecosystems:
- The role of need in open and user-led innovation approaches in healthcare – 22 September (15:30-16:30). Prof Wouter Boon (University of Utrecht) and Myriam Martin (TicBiomed)
- RRI practices in healthcare – 29 September (12:30-13:30). Rosina Malgarida (IrisCaixa Barcelona) and Barbara Kieslinger (ZSI)
- The role of procurement in healthcare innovation – 06 October (14:30-15:30). Dr John Rigby (University of Manchester | Bibliometica Ltd.) and Samuli Kauppinen (Oulu University Hospital)
- Regional innovation ecosystems for healthcare – 13 October (14:30-15:30). Gaston Heimeriks (University of Leiden – CWST) and Anett Ruszanov (ERRIN)
Download the interactive flyer:Webinar series flyer – interactive V2 [discover more about the speakers and the session with a click!]
Join the conversation! Register to our webinar series for free!
CHERRIES | Responsible Healthcare Ecosystems is an EC funded project aimed to support Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) policy experiments in the healthcare sector in three European territories – in Murcia (ES), Örebro (SE) and the Republic of Cyprus (CY).
The CHERRIES experiments address opportunities and challenges associated with the role of demand at the crossroads of challenge-oriented, economy-enhancing, and sector-specific policy making within the healthcare sector, thereby addressing the SGC of health, demographic change and wellbeing.
The project aims to create more open, inclusive, and self-sustaining R&I ecosystems by ensuring the active involvement of all actors in the definition of needs, solutions and innovation policies of regional healthcare ecosystems in Europe.
Be part of CHERRIES community. W: www.cherries2020.eu | T: @CHERRIES_eu